Ovibashi Karmi Unnayan Program (OKUP)
OKUP is a rights based migrant organization. OKUP promotes and protects human rights, labour rights, justice and dignity of all migrant workers irrespective of gender, across borders, through putting migrants' perspectives at the centre of migration discourse at all levels through unity and empowerment of migrant workers themselves.
OKUP has recently secured funding for a 25 month project, funded through Norad and the Global Fund To End Modern Slavery (GFEMS), in partnership with the Catholic Agency for Overseas Development (CAFOD). The project which runs until 30th April 2022 focuses on providing a holistic reintegration package for returnee migrant workers from the Gulf. This project involves working in a consortium.
Contact address: Shawdagor Garden, 466, Donia Post Office Road, Jatrabari, Dhaka-1236, Bangladesh, www.okup.org.bd
Job Title: Project Manager (01)
The Project Manager is responsible for overall leadership and management of the project in order to achieve the project goal and objectives as per approved design through appropriate planning, implementation, and monitoring process.
Specific roles and responsibilities are as follows:
• Prepare project implementation plan, operational strategy and monthly and quarterly budgets as per the approved project proposal and ensure necessary approval from the appropriate authority
• Ensure timely and efficient implementation of planned activities and budget expenditure
• Ensure monitoring and supervision tools are developed and adopted for quality implementation of the project activities
• Ensure responsible project phase out, transition or extension made according to the schedule
• Join and contribute to regular meetings with wider consortium partners and GFEMS/Norad when required
Financial Management/Policy adherence:
• Ensure high standard of stewardship in allocation, utilization and management of the resources of the project and the organization in compliance with organizational financial policies and procedures
• Ensure compliance of the donor/partner agreement, MOU as well as government policies and procedures
• Ensure internal financial control mechanisms, compliance of procurement policy, and other financial obligations as per the donor agreement and other relevant policies and procedures
• Ensure high quality financial management of the project to create limited risk in the internal and external audit
• Ensure compliance to OKUP all financial policies and procedures
Team Management & Development:
• Line manage MEL Manager, Communication and Advocacy Manager, the Case Management Officer, Social Workers (x2), Psycho-Social Counselor, Shelter Home Assistants, Support Staff.
• Ensure conducive working environment through friendly and professional attitude, behavior and pro-active actions
• Provide necessary support and guidance to all project staff for timely and quality implementation of project activities
• Ensure regular supervision, follow up and monitoring of project activities and provide regular mentoring of staff for improved performance through monthly staff coordination meeting
• Ensure annual performance review and guideline for Individual Development Plans (IDPs).
• Follow OKUP's safeguarding practices and ensure staff are treated in line with OKUP's Code of Conduct.
Networking & Advocacy:
• Establish effective working relationship, partnership with relevant government and non-government service provider organizations for adequate referrals of the project target beneficiaries
• Represent OKUP when and where necessary
Documentation and Reporting:
• Working with the MEL manager, establish a MIS system to track the project participants and other project information and regular monitoring and supervision of project performance
• Prepare fortnightly updates and monthly progress reports of the project performance Ensure timely quarterly, bi-annually and annual impact assessment of project inputs and comprehensive narrative report aligning with project design and donor requirement
• Ensure regular documentation of case stories, success stories of the project interventions for references and feeding into OKUP website, Facebook and other communication channels which comply with donor and partner Guidelines.
• Ensure monthly financial documentations and financial reports with the approval of concerned authority