Bangladesh Red Crescent Society
Post Name: Project Manager
• Project Name: SRC-BDRCS Urban Empowerment Project
• Project Purpose: Equitable access to essential services is improved for the slum
dwellers of Ershadnagar, Tongi.
• Duration of Contract: 1 year with possibility of extension subject to satisfactory
performance and availability of fund)
• Reportable To: Senior Manager-Resilience
• Support project implementation to ensure that the project is delivered on time and in accordance with the project documents and the required quality standards.
• Lead and guide the team effectively to implement the project activities according to the
quarterly/annual plans and the logframe.
• Prepare project work schedule, breaking the activity into tasks and delegate them to the team.
• Plan and lead different project events such as stakeholder meetings and training.
• Prepare narrative and monitoring reports, case studies on monthly and quarterly basis.
• Establish functional linkage with stakeholders (City Corporation, Health Institutes/Facilities, schools and training institutes and other relevant non governmental organisations); through regular meetings and Mouse.
• Support assessments and elaboration of a proposal for a follow up phase.
• Support capacity development of the two BDRCS City Units of Dhaka and Gazipur City
• Develop team's capacity to manage the project in a conflict sensitive manner.
• Support the capacity building of the community based organisations (CBO) and thereby provide managerial and technical support to the CBOs to manage community led intervention and gain financial autonomy
• Support comprehensive documentation of the project activities.
• Plan and implement team building initiatives.
• Actively contribute in making BDRCS a recognised urban sector actor.